Contest entries must adhere to the following rules.
- Your entry must be 600-650 words.
- Each entrant may submit one alien.
- Your alien must be designed for The Starfinder Roleplaying Game.
- PLEASE send your alien in the BODY of an email, not as an attachment.
- Your alien entry must be appropriate for the contest theme “Technology Gone Wrong.” (See the FAQ below for more details.)
- Your alien may not have class grafts.
- Your alien must be setting-neutral.
- Your alien’s CR must be at least 4 and may not be higher than 12.
- Your alien should NOT include information designed to make a PC (i.e. racial traits, ability adjustments, etc), even though some entries in Starfinder Alien Archive contain that information. While many aliens may also be PCs in The Starfinder Roleplaying Game and your entry may certainly be the type of alien that could be a PC, for the purposes of this contest, we just want to see the alien itself.
- Your alien may use feats, spells, and other resources available in the Starfinder Core Rulebook, Starfinder Alien Archive, and Starfinder Armory. Please note that content from Starfinder Alien Archive 2 is NOT allowed.
- You must submit your alien via email to email@example.com before the deadline 2 p.m. PST Nov. 7. Include the alien’s name in the subject line of the email.
Additional Judging Criteria
Following the guidelines presented below maximizes your chances of winning.
- Your alien’s concept is something new and creative or puts an interesting spin on a classic theme.
- Your alien’s name and read-aloud text are evocative.
- Your alien’s stat block is correctly formatted. Use the Starfinder Alien Archive as your style guide.
- Your alien has interesting new special abilities with reasonably simple and elegant mechanics.
- Your alien entry includes compelling lore about the creature that helps GMs use it in adventures and campaigns.